It is very unlikely that ceiling installations really require a maximum height of 10mm, therefore it might be the time to take a different approach and safe some costs while generating a higher light output.
As we wrote in our article about our LED Panel 5K it is very difficult to make these panels at low cost and have them last a very long time but if you can allow a little more installation height or convince your client to do so there are plenty of advantages using BackLite LED Panels.
Advantages are simply lower prices due to easier production, higher efficiency and easier sealing of the whole fixture.
Direct Light is always more efficient
Instead of a thin aluminium rail on the frame, you can use the full-back panel of the housing and distribute the LEDs evenly. Eliminating the light loss of the light guide and various foils to create a proper reflection also helps to safe energy.
High mechanical stress can easily displace the light guide
As much as we improved the mechanics of our standard LED panels. Rough handing on construction sites still left some marks and light guides had to be put back into the perfect position for some panels. This issue can now be fully avoided if you allow a little more installation height.
Advantages of BackLITE LED Panels compared to Site Light Panels
- BackLITE Panels are more efficient than Sidelite and can achieve up to 125lm/W
- If Sitelight Panels will not use High Quality and Expensive PMMA Light Guides, they will get yellowish after around 12-18 months what will lead into inevitable light loss.
- BackLITE Panels do not need a Light Guide for even light distribution and therefore will also not face the yellowing issue.
- Production Advantages & Competitiveness
- The general design of BackLITE LED Panels is also more streamlined and allows most big manufacturers to use fully automatic production.
- Shorter lead times and lower production loss is possible
- Due to the missing light guides, the BackLITE LED Panel is also more cost effective
- Stable and enclosed housing
- Just because of the adjusted design, BackLITE LED Panels are not as fragile as Sidelite Panels
- Furthermore they can be easily produced in IP44, IP54 or even IP65 if needed for your project